Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Table of Contents Draft

Hey guys!

I finished a draft of my potential table of contents and here it is:


With my table of contents, I wanted it to be simple but informative. I included the page number, title, and a brief description for the featured articles in my magazine. I wanted to keep everything organized and presented the numbers in chronological order. I only included 4 pictures because I wanted the main focus to be on the text hence why the text is in the middle of the page and the pictures are off to the side. I am most likely going to include colorful and appealing pictures to entice my target audience. I want the pictures to represent the different types of meals we consume :breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I also wanted to include an image of a drink because I plan to share many smoothies and protein shake recipes. The font is medium size so my audience and read everything clearly and also so everything can fit in the 2 pages. The stories I included are all about how to eat healthier. They are not the official stories but are great ideas I could use.

Now that I have a draft for my table of contents, I need to come up with a cover story. I am not sure what I want to write about so I am going to keep thinking about topics but in the meantime, I am going to research how to take good pictures. My magazine has to have a minimum of four pictures but I expect to include more.

I conducted some research and all the sources pretty much said I need to have these 4 components when photographing good:

Plating- the arrangement of food.

Lighting- the type of light necessary to bring out the best features of the food

Composition- the angle and frame of the shot

Editing- touch-ups to enhance the photos

I know I am going to need a good lighting source. I am thinking of buying a ring light to help the colors of the food pop. I also need to decide if I am going to make the actual food or if I want to purchase it from somewhere and just stage it. I am not sure yet if I want to take the pictures on my iPhone 7 or if I want to use an actual camera.

I am going to do some research and hopefully after will be able to gain some clarity and let you all know what I find and decide to do in my next post so look out for it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

Hey guys! Wow we have come a long way. I wanted to thank you all for coming along with me on this journey and I am so excited for you al...