Friday, March 22, 2019

Official Cover Story Topic/ Future Plans

Hey guys!

I have been thinking of a cover story for a few days now and I have officially decided I want to write it about. I thought about each of my top 3 options: an Açaí bowl, a spinach wrap, or a greek salad. I have chosen to write about.... an Açaí bowl. I feel like not many people know what it is or have never tried it before, but you can find the mix in any supermarket. In my opinion, I think it is the best food to talk about in my magazine because it has no GMOs, is Gluten Free, Vegan Free, and Organic. They are super customizable meaning anyone can add their favorite fruits and topping on top. I plan to start my article with some background information about where Açaí seeds come from because knowing where your food is coming from is very important. Then, I plan to explain the process of how to make one. This process will include steps on how to make your very own bowl and all the fun and yummy toppings that can be added on afterwards. The great things about this item is that it can be eaten at anytime of thee day. It is easy to make and very healthy.

So now that I know what I am writing about, I need to start coming up with a cover story draft. I also need to start buying the ingredients and tools that will help me take my photos. I am planning on taking a trip to Walmart where I can look for a ring light and props that I can include in the background of my pictures for example a mason jar, a wooden spoon, or just other cooking items O find. l need to also visit Publix where I can find all the ingredients I need to make the Açaí bowl. I also most likely will make a few of the foods that will be pictured in my magazine and just stage the ones that may be too complicated to make like a spinach wrap.

I used this link to find a few potential ring light but think it would be best to just go into the store and look at them in person.
https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/ring-lights

At Publix, I will need to get: 

Açaí mix

fruits (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)

dry topping (granola, coconut flakes, etc.)

many vegetables

nutritious pancake of muffin mix

I should have a few basic ingredients at home like eggs and flour.

I am planning to go within the next few days so stay on the look out for my next post to see what I find at the stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

Hey guys! Wow we have come a long way. I wanted to thank you all for coming along with me on this journey and I am so excited for you al...