Thursday, February 14, 2019

Marketing Campaign Summary

Hey guys!

I know I haven't talked to you guys in a while but I wanted to share something I just finished working on with you all. I recently just finished a marketing campaign project. For this project, my group and I were assigned an already existing song and had to come up with a new artist and create a marketing plan that would help get our new artist out to the public. We had to forget who initially wrote the song, what the existing music video looked like, and how the song was presented already.


There was much research that went into this project. We had to research the genre, target audience, different ways of marketing and distribution, and overall how we could appeal to the target audience and get them to feel as passionate about the artist as we all did. With all this research, we then created a marketing plan. The marketing plan had to be precise and captivating in order to help our artist become successful in the music industry. My group and I created accounts on social platforms, merchandise, an album cover, a website, and even a website, https://theorieusa.wixsite.com/website. Here are some pictures of our creations!
                                          
















I learned a lot of useful information from this project. I learned that you MUST conduct research first. All the decisions that were made were backed up by research. Another thing I learned was coming up with a target audience is extremely important and should be the first step into trying to market and distribute anything. There are different ways to target different audiences so for example my primary target audience was teens and young adults, ages 16-25, who love alternative music. So a great way I targeted them was marketing the artist on social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter and an amazing way to distribute the music was through streaming sites like Spotify and Apple Music. The last thing I learned was you have to be creative and think of unique ideas because that is what is going to intrigue people and help you stand out from everyone else.


I hope you enjoy this blog post and can’t wait to talk to you all soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

Hey guys! Wow we have come a long way. I wanted to thank you all for coming along with me on this journey and I am so excited for you al...